Skip to main content

Ambulance Service Operating Certificate


State Health, Department of

Businesses that operate ambulances must register with the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).

Ambulances can be used for emergency services or transportation to and from hospitals and clinics. Vehicles include trucks, vans, wagons, buses, and helicopters.

Businesses must meet state standards before certification. Businesses need approval from their regional EMS council. New York City has its own council. Click the following link to learn more about the council.

NYS Department of Health

Bureau of Emergency Medical Services

875 Central Avenue

Albany NY 12206
Phone (518) 402-0996
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool