Skip to main content

Authority to Transport Household Goods


State Transportation, Department of

This license allows businesses to transport household goods within New York State. Household goods, such as furniture and kitchen equipment, are defined as "items used in daily life in a household."

This license is issued by the New York State Department of Transportation.

Additional resources

NYS Department of Transportation

Region 11 Office

1 Hunter's Point Plaza

47-40 21st Street

Long Island City NY 11101
Phone (718) 482-4526
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool