Skip to main content

Bail Bond Agent License


State Insurance Department

The Bail Bond Agent License is required to write bail bonds on behalf of an insurer. This license comes from the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS).

Licenses are available for individuals, corporations, and partnerships.

Contact the DFS for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services

Licensing Bureau

One Commerce Plaza

Albany NY 12257
Phone (518) 474-6630
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool