The refrigerating system may require to be under personal or general supervision, as set forth in the FC Table 606.1.1
- If personal supervision is required:
- A Q-01 holder must be PRESENT IN THE BUILDING at all times while the refrigerating system is in operation and that the operation of such system is under his or her personal direction and control. On the flip side, if the refrigerating system is shut down, no Q-01 holder is required to be in the building.
- A Q-01 holder cannot provide personal supervision, at the same time, for refrigerating systems that are in operation in more than one building. On the flip side, an Q-01 holder can provide personal supervision for the operation of more than one system at the same time provided the systems are all installed IN THE SAME BUILDING.
- If general supervision is required:
- A Q-01 holder is not required to be present in the building while the refrigerating system is in operation. However, the Q-01 holder is still responsible at all time to ensure the safe operation of the system and that such system is operated under his/her general direction and control.
- Additional Work Location(s):
- Any Certificate of Qualification holder seeking to register more than one work location must provide additional documents listed in the Notice of Exam from all the employer(s) for each work location. $60 application fee will be charged for the additional Certificate of Qualification card.
Q-01 Notice Of Exam (PDF)
Q-01 Application Form (PDF)
Q-01 BOMR (PDF)
For more information, please contact:
Public Certification Unit
9 MetroTech Center, 1st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Phone: (718) 999-1988
Open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Closed on public holidays.
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Certificate of Fitness
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you
Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.