Skip to main content

Crocodilian Permit


State Environmental Conservation, Department of

Businesses that sell products made from alligators, crocodiles, and similar animals must get a Crocodilian Permit. This permit is issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

Each business location needs its own permit. Wholesalers need a separate Crocodilian Registration Permit.

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation

Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources
Special Licenses Unit
625 Broadway
Albany, NY 12233
Phone (518) 402-8985
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool