Skip to main content

Dental Hygienist Professional License

Did you mean: Dental Assistant Professional License


State Education, Department of

Dental hygienists need a license from the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE) to work in New York State.

Hygienists must be supervised by a licensed dentist.

NYS Education Department

Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12234-1000
Phone (518) 474-3817
Fax (518) 402-2323

TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool