Skip to main content

General Insurance Consultant License


State Insurance Department

Companies or individuals that examine insurance policies for pay need a license. A license is also needed to provide consulting services about insurance.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services

Licensing Bureau
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Phone (518) 474-6630
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool