Skip to main content

Highway Work Permit for Utility Work


State Transportation, Department of

Work that impacts a state-managed road needs a permit. If utilities are involved, then one must apply for this permit from the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT).

Additional resources

NYS Department of Transportation

General Information
50 Wolf Road
Albany, NY 12232
Phone (518) 457-6195
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool