Skip to main content

Limited Agent License


State Insurance Department

Businesses that rent certain items need this license to offer insurance coverage. The insurance is for material rented.

The license applies to businesses that rent out vehicles, wireless communication equipment, or self-service storage.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services

Licensing Bureau
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Phone (518) 474-6630
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool