Skip to main content

Massage Therapy License


State Education, Department of

A person must have a Massage Therapy License to work as a massage therapist, masseur, or masseuse in New York State. This license is issued by the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

Applicants must have completed course work in massage therapy.

A person must have a license to use the titles "massage therapist," "masseur," or "masseuse" in New York State. Anyone licensed in another state can apply to have their license endorsed in New York.

NYS Education Department

Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12234-1000
Phone (518) 474-3817
Fax (518) 402-2323

TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool