Skip to main content

Pesticide Use of Chemicals for the Control or Elimination of Aquatic Insects Permit


State Environmental Conservation, Department of

This permit allows the holder to use chemicals for the control or elimination of biting aquatic insects such as mosquitoes and black flies in any waters of New York State. This permit is issued by the State Department of Environmental Conservation.

No permit is required if the body of water is a temporary pond or a pond with no fish.

Additional resources

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) - Region 2 Office

Division of Environmental Permits
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
Phone (718) 482-4900
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool