Skip to main content

Pharmacist Professional License


State Education, Department of

Pharmacists in New York need a license from the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

There are educational, experience, and exam requirements. Intern permits are available for students and applicants to practice pharmacy under supervision. Applicants from other states can transfer their license to New York.

NYS Education Department

Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12234-1000
Phone (518) 474-3817
Fax (518) 402-2323

TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool