Skip to main content

Public Adjuster License


State Insurance Department

Businesses or people that negotiate settlements for fire damage need a license. This license is for a "public adjuster."

Individuals applying must have a clear criminal record without convictions for felonies or fraud.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services

Licensing Bureau

One Commerce Plaza

Albany NY 12257
Phone (518) 474-6630
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool