Skip to main content

Temporary Street Fair Vendor Permit


Before you submit your application

  • 1

    Applicants must make arrangements directly with the Street Fair's sponsoring organization to sell merchandise or offer a service.  More info

       The Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO) issues permits for street fairs, festivals, block parties, green markets, commercial/promotional and other events on the City's streets and sidewalks.

    NYC Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO)

    253 Broadway

    6th Floor

    New York NY 10007
    Phone (212) 788-0025
  • 2

    Complete the Temporary Street Fair Vendor Permit Application. More info

      Note: It requires information regarding the applicant, including applicable identification numbers (such as SSN or ITIN); contact information; employment information; history of criminal and / or civil charges; and any DCWP license history of applicant and the applicant's relatives.

  • 3

    The business must provide their New York State Sales Tax Identification Number or Certificate of Authority Application Confirmation Number on the Basic License Application .

    • 4

      Submit proof of photo identification (ID).  More info

        Acceptable forms of ID include: a U.S.-issued driver’s license or non-driver’s license identification of Motor Vehicles; a license or permit issued by a government agency; a passport; an alien card/green card; a City, State, or Federal employee ID card; or a Municipal ID card.

    • 5

      Applicants must submit a current color passport-size photograph of themselves. Note: Applicants can be photographed at the DCWP Licensing Center at no cost or upload their photo online.

      • 6

        If the license application will be filed by someone other than the applicant, complete the Granting Authority to Act Affirmation.

        • 7

          List of Permit Fees. More info

            • $10: Permit Fee for each month 
            • Non-Refundable Convenience Fee for paying with a credit card
        • 8

          List of accepted payment methods. More info

            • Check (Payable to NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection, accepted only for in person application submissions.)
            • Money Order (Payable to NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection, accepted only for in person application submissions.)
            • Credit card including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card.
        • Ready to Apply?

          Steps to apply online:

        • 1

          Review the requirements for the permit and gather all materials before clicking the Apply Online button. Note: You will be redirected to a new web page where you will need a registered account with the City of New York to submit an online application.

          • 2

            After submitting an application online, print a copy of the Confirmation Page. The Confirmation Page will list the additional steps and materials required to complete the application. These materials are also listed above and must be submitted within five business days of filing the application online if they were not uploaded as part of the online application submission.

            • Steps to apply in person:

            • 1

              Complete the required application forms and gather all necessary documentation identified in the section above.

              • 2

                Schedule an appointment to file in person at the DCWP Licensing Center or NYC Small Business Support Center. View flyer to learn how to schedule an appointment.