Before you submit your application
You must have the applicable Business Certificate based on your business’s legal structure. More info
Although DCWP does not require submission of your Business Certificate in order to process your application, DCWP may request this document under section 20-104 of the New York City Administrative Code.
- Sole proprietors operating under a name other than your own must have a Business/Assumed Name Certificate.
- Partnerships must have a Partnership Certificate and, if applicable, an Assumed Name Certificate for your business.
- Corporations, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships must register and remain active with the New York State Division of Corporations. DCWP will verify active status prior to license issuance. You can check your status at www.dos.ny.gov/corps.
The Basic License Application requires business information, including applicable identification numbers (such as EIN, SSN, or ITIN); contact information for the business location and business owner, history of criminal and / or civil charges for the business owners, partners, shareholders, and officers; and any DCWP license history for individuals named on the application and their relatives.
Complete the Roster of Ticket Sources.
Complete the Ticket Seller Business - Roster of Ticket Sellers.
If your business address is not in New York City, you must complete the Ticket Seller Business Non-NYC Resident Form.
License Fee. More info
|If You File Your Application Between These Dates:||License Fee|
|From August 1 to December 31||Pay $45 for a license expiring July 31 of the following year.|
|From January 1 to January 31||Pay $45 for a license expiring July 31 of the same year.|
|From February 1 to July 31||Pay $22.50 for a license expiring July 31 of the same year. OR
Pay $67.50 for a license expiring July 31 of the following year.
- Check or money order payable to DCWP. (In person application submissions.)
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card only). You will be charged a nonrefundable Convenience Fee. (In person or online application submissions.)
Ready to Apply?
Steps to apply online:
Review the requirements for the license and gather all materials before clicking the Apply Online button. Note: You will be redirected to a new web page where you will need a registered account with the City of New York to submit an online application.
After submitting an application online, print a copy of the Confirmation Page. The Confirmation Page will list the additional steps and materials required to complete the application. These materials are also listed above and must be submitted within five business days of filing the application online if they were not uploaded as part of the online application submission.
Steps to apply in person:
Complete the required application forms and gather all necessary documentation identified in the section above.
Schedule an appointment to file in person at the DCWP Licensing Center or NYC Small Business Support Center. View flyer to learn how to schedule an appointment.
NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP)
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004