Skip to main content

Wetlands Permit


State Environmental Conservation, Department of

Businesses must get a Wetlands Permit to construct structures, dredge, or clear land in or near wetlands. This permit is given by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

Wetlands include marshes, bogs, wet meadows, and mudflats.

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) - Region 2 Office

Division of Environmental Permits
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
Phone (718) 482-4900
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool