Skip to main content

Alcoholic Beverage Transportation Permit


State Liquor Authority

Businesses that transport alcoholic beverages within, to, or from New York State must have a permit from the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA).

The kind of alcohol transportation permit depends on the mode of transportation and the duration of licensing time.

Modes of transportation include:
  • Fleet trucking;
  • Fleet company;
  • Trucking;
  • Aircraft;
  • Steamship.
Licenses may be valid for one or three years.

Some companies may be required to provide surety bonds. Contact the State Liquor Authority or click the following link for more information

Most businesses will also need to have the Federal Alcohol Dealer Registration. Contact the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau for more information.

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)

Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1

163 W 125th Street

New York NY 10027
Phone (518) 474-3114
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool