Skip to main content

Authority to Transport Property (Except Household Goods)

Did you mean: Authority to Transport Household Goods


State Transportation, Department of

Businesses that transport property other than household goods need this permit.

Household goods, such as furniture and kitchen equipment, are defined as "items used in daily life in a household." Businesses need a separate authority to transport these.

This license is issued by the New York State Department of Transportation.

Additional resources

NYS Department of Transportation

Region 11 Office
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101
Phone (718) 482-4526
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool