Skip to main content

Controlled Substance Activity License

Did you mean: Controlled Substances Registration


State Health, Department of

Businesses that manufacture, distribute, or use controlled substances need a license. This license is from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).

Controlled substances are defined under federal law. They include opioids, methamphetamines, marijuana, alcohol products, hallucinogenic drugs and other narcotics.

Federal registration is also required.

NYS Department of Health (DOH)

Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement
Riverview Center
150 Broadway
Albany, NY 12237
Phone (866) 811-7957
Fax (518) 402-0709
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool