Start and Grow Your Business
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) can match you with resources provided through our Industrial Business Service Providers to help you start and grow your industrial business in New York City.
Our trained specialists can help your manufacturing, construction, transportation, wholesale, utility or film production business:
- Connect to money-saving incentives
- Navigate government rules and regulations
- Apply for funding to launch or grow your business
- Recruit and train employees
About the Program
For business owners
- Connect you to a bank and walk you through the loan application process if you have a government contract or purchase order to be financed
- Identify incentives to save you money if you plan to buy equipment, improve property, or reduce energy costs
- Connect you to jobseekers and grants to reduce training costs if you need to hire or train employees
- Connect you to the proper government agencies if you need to remove graffiti, understand permits and licenses, or resolve a violation
For aspiring entrepreneurs
- Provide feedback and recommendations if you need help reviewing a business plan
- Identify incubators and co-packing production facilities if you need start-up space
- Connect you to our free workshops and courses for start-up businesses
- Incentives — Save money and maintain a competitive edge with government incentives. Your business can benefit from tax credits, energy and cost savings, and dozens of other government incentives.
- Financing Assistance — Secure the financing you need to start and grow your business. We can help you identify alternative lenders and package your loan application so that you can operate or expand your business.
- Recruitment — Hire talented staff to open a new location or expand your existing business. We can save you time and money by recruiting and screening job seekers from a citywide pool of qualified candidates, and refer only the right fit for your business.
- Training — Give your employees the skills they need to take business to the next level. Whether you want to invest in new technology, seek a larger market share, or reduce costs, we offer employee training solutions to help you achieve your business goals.
- Navigating Government — Cut through the red tape. We canconnect you with the proper government agencies and utilities to get permits and licenses, resolve violations, and help your business recover from emergencies and natural disasters.
- Legal Assistance — Access our network of pro bono attorneys who can answer all of your legal help you consider a legal structure. Trademark your products and services, and review your contracts or business leases.
- M/WBE Certification — Getting certified in NYC as a Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE), Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE), Locally-based Business Enterprise (LBE), and/or Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE) puts your business in position to compete on government contracts and access exclusive programs designed to help small businesses grow.