Need Government Contracting Assistance?
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) APEX Accelerator (NYC SBS APEX Accelerator) offers one-on-one assistance and training to help businesses in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Rockland, Suffolk, and Nassau counties that are interested in local, state, and federal government contracting.
SBS can help you with any government contracting-related matter including, but not limited to:
- An Introduction to Government Contracting: A general overview of how the government buys goods and services.
- Navigating the System for Award Management (SAM): Learn how to register and use SAM. An active registration and Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number are required to do business with the federal government.
- Certifications and Contracting Assistance Programs: Learn about the benefits for small businesses and how to apply for the following:
- Department of Defense (DoD) Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP)
- NYC M/WBE Certification
- NYS M/WBE Certification
- Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting program
- Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business program
- 8(a) Business Development program
- HUBZone program
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program
- SBIR/STTR Program
- Doing Business with General Services Administration (GSA): If you want to sell to the government, securing a contract with the GSA — the government agency that connects government buyers with contractors — is a great way to start. Securing a contract with the GSA is also called "getting onto a GSA Schedule" which means you've been approved to do business with the government.
- Contract Accounting: Learn how to meet accounting system standards that are acceptable to government agencies.
- Identifying Prime and Subcontractor Opportunities: We can help you navigate the various sites that list local, state, and federal government contracting opportunities to find available opportunities that are best for your business.
- Responding to RFPs/Proposal Writing: Learn how to understand every section of an RFP and identify required sources, to deliver a complete, compliant, and compelling proposal.
- Teaming Arrangements and Subcontracting: Learn how to develop successful teaming and subcontracting relationships with large businesses, other small businesses, and individuals. View our Subcontractors Resource Guide for additional resources.
Point of contact
Rogina Coar-Smith, Executive Director
The NYC Department of Small Business Services APEX Accelerator is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Defense.