Business Continuity Planning 101
A business continuity plan will help your business prepare and recover from a disruption and should include:
- A list of activities necessary to run your business, including the steps to complete each activity, required skills (such as training or certification), and the timeline for each activity.
- A list of physical items and computer software essential for your business operations, along with the vendor who can provide you with new equipment. Identify alternative ways to continue activities in case the items are unavailable.
- A contact list of all employees, including at least one method of after-hours communication to get in touch with employees.
- A contact list of all vendors and suppliers that do business with you.
- A list of locations where the business continuity plan is stored, ensuring multiple copies of important documents are kept in an alternate location.