Skip to main content

Grocery Store Beer License

Did you mean: Grocery Store Beer / Wine Products License


State Liquor Authority

Grocery stores selling beer for consumption in New York State need the Grocery Store Beer License. This license is issued by the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA).

Food and drugs together must be more than 50% of the inventory. Alcoholic beverages cannot be more than 25% of the inventory. Beer must be less than 6% alcohol. Candy, carbonated beverages, and snacks are not counted in inventory.

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)

Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1
163 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
Phone (518) 474-3114
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool