Skip to main content

Living Animals, Laboratory Permit for the Use of


State Health, Department of

Laboratories that use animals for research need a permit. This permit comes from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).

Other local and federal laws apply. Laboratories must follow all laws against cruelty to animals.

NYS Department of Health

NYC Metropolitan Area Office

90 Church Street, 14th Floor

New York NY 10007-2919
Phone 2124174921

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool