Skip to main content

Mutual Property / Casualty Insurance License


State Insurance Department

Businesses that sell mutual property or casualty insurance in New York State need a license. Separate licenses are needed for business based in and outside New York State.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services

Property Bureau
One Commerce Plaza, 20th Floor
Albany, NY 12257
Phone (518) 474-6628
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool