Skip to main content

NYC Parks Request for Bid (RFB): Pushcart, Mobile Food Unit or Food Cart


City Parks and Recreation, Department of

This information is designed to help bidders understand what is needed to obtain a permit from NYC Parks & Recreation to operate a mobile food unit (non-processing pushcart, processing food car, and mobile trucks) on New York City parkland. NYC Parks & Recreation issues a request for bids approximately twice a year for the operation of non-processing pushcarts, mobile food trucks, and / or processing food carts on NYC parkland.

There are several hundred designated sites available for food vending in NYC parks. Individuals can also submit a request for a new location for a food vending unit. All menu items and maximum prices are pre-approved by Parks, but additional menu items can be submitted for consideration.

This information only encompasses parks-related aspects of the request for bid process for obtaining a Parks permit. Please be aware that the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) has a separate process by which businesses must apply for food handling licenses and mobile food unit permits.

NYC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR)

Revenue Division
The Arsenal, 830 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10065

For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: the Department of Parks and Recreation

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool