Skip to main content

On Premises Liquor License


State Liquor Authority

This license allows liquor, wine, cider, and beer to be sold for consumption at a restaurant, tavern, nightclub, theater, or other facility. It is issued by the New York State Liquor Authority.

This license is the standard for bars and taverns in New York State. Establishments must also serve food to get this license. Restaurants must have a full kitchen, and other businesses need a food preparation area. A separate permit is required to sell alcohol after 4am.

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)

Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1

163 W 125th Street

New York NY 10027
Phone (518) 474-3114
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool