Skip to main content

Pesticide Use of Chemicals for the Control or Elimination of Aquatic Vegetation Permit


State Environmental Conservation, Department of

This permit allows the use of chemicals for the control or elimination of aquatic vegetation in any waters of New York State. This permit is issued by the State Department of Environmental Conservation.

Chemicals that are allowed are:
  • copper sulfate for algae;
  • diquat for submerged and emergent vegetation; and
  • low-volatile esters, salts, and amines of 2,4-D for emergent vegetation.
Other chemicals may be authorized when it is evident that their use will conform to the intent and purpose of law and regulations.

Additional resources

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) - Region 2 Office

Division of Environmental Permits
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
Phone (718) 482-4900
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool