Skip to main content

School-Based Child Care Certificate (Notice of Filing)

Operating & Renewing

Operating Requirements

  • 1

    After receiving the Notice of Filing, the Health Department will issue you a Certificate of Filing. 

    You can submit an online request to change this certificate if there is: 
    • A change in contact information 
    • A change in the principal or education director 
    • An error in the original Certificate of Filing
    All new applications for, and amendments to, a School-Based Child Care Certificate must be submitted online or by sending an e-mail to
    • Ready to Renew?

      Steps to renew online:

    • 1

      Before you amend, read a list of the documentation you must upload at the time. You must make electronic copies of the documents to upload them. The following document types can be uploaded: PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, XLS, XLSX, DOC, DOCX, VSD, and TXT.  Documents must be saved and uploaded separately.  Select the name of the document and then upload that document. Your document names should not contain any special characters.

      • 2

        Registration is required if this is the first time you are using the online system. You will need your PIN which will allow you to link your existing records to one single online account. You only need to use your PIN to link to each license record once.

        If you do not have access to your PIN, you may obtain your PIN(s) by completing an online PIN Request Form here or by calling 311 and ask for "NYC Online Licensing Service - Assistance and PIN Request.

        • Amend a Certificate of Filing
          Renew Online open_in_new