Before you submit your application
To obtain this Certificate of Fitness, applicants must be either a Principal or Assistant Principal, have been approved by the NYC Department of Education (DOE) and meet the special requirements. All applicants should review the Study Materials.
Qualified applicants should review the D-10 ALTERNATIVE ISSUANCE PROCEDURE INFORMATION (PDF). Applicants must apply online and provide the following information: More info
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, gender, social security number, date of birth, weight, height, and work location.
- A completed APPLICANT AFFIRMATION FORM (PDF). Individual applicants must have this form notarized.
- A notarized statement from the NYC Department of Education (DOE) on official letterhead stating the applicant's full name and confirming that the applicant is of good character, is physically able to perform the job and has received a copy of the Study Materials.
- A certificate or letter from the DOE stating that the applicant has participated in and completed General Response Protocol (GRP) training.
- A recent ID photo (2x2 color head shot) in JPG or JPEG format.
- A copy of your employee ID.
Ready to Apply?
Steps to apply online:
Gather electronic copies of your supporting documents.
To request a fee exemption, upload a copy of your employee ID and a letter from the NYC Department of Education (DOE) on official letterhead to confirm that you are a current employee and that you will use the Certificate of Fitness as part of your work-related responsibilities.
To submit an application, click on the Apply Online button. If you are an individual, you can only submit your own application. If you are submitting an application on behalf of a Principal or Assistant Principal, you must be authorized by the NYC Department of Education (DOE) to act as a Designated Coordinator and be approved by FDNY. To request approval, email email@example.com.
D-10 Online Application The online application will open in a new window.Apply Onlineopen_in_new