Skip to main content

Horse Racing License


State Racing and Wagering Board, New York State

Anyone who takes part in a horse race in New York State needs a license. This license is from the New York State Gaming Commission.

All people need a license. This rule applies to owners, trainers, jockeys, agents, veterinarians, farriers, stable employees, suppliers, security staff, concession operators, and their assistants and apprentices.

NYS Gaming Commission

PO Box 7500

Schenectady NY 12301
Phone (518) 388-3300
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool