Skip to main content

Independent Adjuster License


State Insurance Department

In New York State, businesses or people that investigate and adjust insurance claims need a license.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services

Licensing Bureau
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Phone (518) 474-6630
Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool