Skip to main content

Information About Water and Sewer Requirements


City Environmental Protection, Department of

Businesses using water or sewer services provided by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) must pay the DEP for all services rendered. Businesses that use water from a fire hydrant, dump waste or wastewater into sewers, or have any other form of water or sewer services provided by the DEP must have an active account with the DEP.

For more information about DEP provided services and how to create or modify an account with DEP please contact the Department of Environmental Protection using the contact information below.

NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)

Bureau of Environmental Compliance
59-17 Junction Boulevard, 8th Floor
Flushing, NY 11373

For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Sewer Billing

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool