Skip to main content

Permit to Use a Hydrant


City Environmental Protection, Department of

Businesses wishing to use water from a City fire hydrant require a Non-Premises Permit from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). This permit grants access to hydrant water for a specific period of time and requires payment in advance on a 'per day of use' basis.

See Rules Governing and Restricting the Use and Supply of Water.

NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)

Customer Service Center

59-17 Junction Boulevard, 13th Floor

Flushing NY 11373

For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Department of Environmental Protection

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.
Use the Step by Step tool